Monday, September 13, 2010

A Time Where I Showed Courage

                There haven't been to many times I have showed courage but I will tell you one. The day this happened was quite funny, when I lived in India me and all of my friends slept-over a lot because there was nothing to do. So one day we decided to go outside and play a little bit of soccer, in the middle of the game and someone kicked the ball into the basements (We lived in apartments and there were two basements). All of us were tired and no one wanted to get the ball becuase of stray dogs, one of my friends agree and he goes down to the basement to retrieve the ball, in two minutes he came running back without the ball and a dog was chasing him! We ran into the main enterance which luckily had gaurds inside, everybody was crazy scared and bored. In a few seconds I said that I will go and retrieve the soccer ball. I walked slowly and carefully so that the dog won't see me, unfortunly some dog saw me and chased me down to the basements. This time it was a different dog and luck struck me like lighting, the dog was a little bit injured. It  ran a little bit slower than me. As I saw the slope leading deeper I knew that I was going towards the second basement. At that point I looked up and saw all of my friends screaming "RUN FASTER DUDE" (We always used the term dude for some reason). I saw the ball now but knew I was not allowed to slow down, I was sweating mad and my tummy started to hurt. Finally I needed to bend over while running to get the ball off the ground, from that point on every thing was twice as bad. I don't even want to describe it, all I can say is that we started to play soccer again. 

4 comments:

  1. Pasha, I like the way you explained it. My favorite part was when the dog was chasing you. You gave a lot of details on that part. You need to work on your spelling a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your Idea and I also like how you discard your details. I Have a dog now but I also used to get scared of dogs too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right, if you work on your spelling, it would make the whole post a whole lot more pleasent to read!I too was chased around by HUMONGOUS dog once... it was not fun. I was scared of dogs until I was 10, now, i like dogs, I am even considering getting One!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pasha,
    Have you overcome your fear of dogs? I know I probably would not of! I liked the concept of your story, the way you gave things from your point of view. I have to admit it was entertaining to read, a key factor in any blog post. I would like to hear more about the dogs, the sizes, the type, the expression as it would the reader more of an idea of how scared you were at the time. I also think you need to work on your paragraphing skills, as your post was one huge ongoing paragraph instead of various mini ones. But other than that, Well Done! :-)

    ReplyDelete