Saturday, November 13, 2010

Lit circle things

Because of literacy circles I was able to see things from a different point of view. We all had to write about two important passages, questions, connections and vocabulary. We talked about how Jacobs bike was stolen, what happened when he was out in the bush. Jacob confronted a lion, he was shaking, he was still yet he managed to scared it away.

One connection I made was being beat up for a smart card (buy you food) in my old school. Jacob was beat up for money, utensils, a bike and clothes. That was the only connection I had but I had reactions. This was one I didn't right but here it goes. I was amazed when Jacob met a lion. I had thoughts running through my mind.Will he run? Will he get hurt? and many many more things. He managed to scare the lion away by launching his bike tire.

I think that Jacob will find his father safely but they will have HUGE troubles along the way home, his father may be dead already, if the long rains don't come then they might die. Poachers will probably chase them or something. Will someone be there to help? Will Jacob use his skills that he learned along the way to survive? Will Jacob be home before his visa expires? If his visa expires what would happen and what would happen if they get captured?

No comments:

Post a Comment